Mike's Photo Story

                                                                       A Christmas Story

        I thought I was going to do my photo story on the Pastega Christmas Lights on display at the Benton County Fairgrounds. I went there one afternoon to take some pictures and I thought I took some good shots of all the different displays that were there. But after showing them to Professor Rob Priewe, he wanted pictures of them setting them up. I was at a loss. What was I going to do. They were all done setting up the displays. I really liked the pictures I took.


     On my bus ride back to Corvallis, I asked for some Christmas magic or a miracle or something. It was Friday before Thanksgiving so I didn't have to catch a bus to my writing class. I was walking to my wife's gallery when I noticed a cherry picker on the lawn in front of the Courthouse. I couldn't believe my wish was granted so soon. The Elves were at lunch so I went to the gallery. I was going there to get a ride home with my son, Ben. I had him take me back to see if they were back from lunch. They were! So I asked them if I could take some pictures. Even though they weren't dressed in their elf cloths, I knew that they were elves. They couldn't fool me. So here are my shots of them bringing the Christmas Spirit to downtown Corvallis

Head elf putting on the finishing touches on the very tippy top.

The biggest Elf I have ever seen adding lights to the lower half of the Christmas tree-Matt Hertel



Elves Bryan Harmon and Levon Atwood happy with their work 
and ready to go on to the next town to spread more Christmas cheer.


                     This is an ornament that was made by local elementary students. Sorry but they had to                             hang them high in the tree  prevent them from being stolen, so I just held them in my hand.










                                                   The Courthouse after dark. Merry Christmas everyone!



 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meet LBCC Baseball Coach Andy Peterson

You Can Call Me Dio

Environmental Portrait (and Mug Shot) Assignment